Competent Repairs Fairly Priced.
Fix your car once, and keep driving.
Here are some in depth explanations of large electrical components you may like.
The starter turns stored DC electrical power from the battery into rotational motion that cranks your engine until the first fuel charge fires and the engine turns on it’s own. If you would like an in depth look into the working of the starter motor I found this old but good video.
How A Starter Works
The Battery stores electrical energy when the car isn’t running. Flooded lead acid batteries are the most common, but some special applications use an Absorbed glass mat type of battery. You can learn about batteries at this site.
Lead Acid Battery
The alternator is turned by the running engine and creates the electrical energy the car uses to run the car and all of it’s accessories, it is also tasked with maintaining the batteries chemistry and capacity. Here is a good video explanation of how an alternator works.
What Goes On In An Alternator
This is a list of some of the electrical systems in your car, some you interact with and some that are passive. We repair all of them.
• Lighting systems: Headlights, Tail Lights, Turn Signals, Brake Lights.
• Heating and A/C, Electronic Climate Control Systems.
• Charging and Starting Systems.
• Battery Drain Issues.
• Wiring Problems caused by Fire or Rodents.
• Blowing Fuses and Shorted Circuits.
• Windshield Wipers, Power Window and Lock Circuits.
• Electronic Fuel Injection and Ignition Problems.
• Antilock Brake Systems.
• Traction Control Systems.
• Keyless Entry and Vehicle Security Problems.
• Gauges and Warning lights.
105 N. Chester Road
Mon. – Fri. 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat. – Sun. Closed